USMLE Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi, i am new here.. need some help

hey there,
i recently took nbme form 11. if anyone has the answer key to nbme 11 or want to discuss it please do contact me. i am desperately looking for the answers. so let me know if anyone can help me out on that. plus which nbme is closest to the real test ? i didnt do really well on my nbme 11(this was my first one) so thinking postponing my triplet:(
thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
nbme 11 answers

Hi Nudrat,
can you please email me the questions and answers for form 11, as my exam is in 3 weeks and i jus took it and scored 510 on it. my email id is [email protected]
thanks in advance.
I got all the bs questions correct.
amenah e-mailed me the answers with explanations, let me know if u need them. And if u have already gone through the explanations and still have some problems let me know, i'll try to help you out.
I need to the know the correct answer of the Q on serum protein electrophoresis, in a 12yr boy, with immunodeficiency. did u get it right?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
can someone help me with #7.
the one where they show the babys penis and he's got diaper rash, cervical lymphadenopathy, red conjuctaviae, edema of the hands and feet and an S3 gallop.

whats the diagnosis?

·
Registered
52 Posts
nbme 7

i did it about a month and a half dont remember quite good the options, i got it right though, im almost sure is kawasaki

Reactions: Dr.NickRiviera

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i did it about a month and a half dont remember quite good the options, i got it right though, im almost sure is kawasaki
thanks for the prompt reply!
kawasaki causes diaper rash and cervical lymphadenopathy?

i thought kawasaki is basically coronary artery vasculitis, facial rash, red tongue, red conjuctiviae and thats it. i never new theres lymphadenopathy.

is this in FA anywhere?

·
Registered
52 Posts
re to nbme 7

glad it helped you good luck and keep on going!

Reactions: Dr.NickRiviera

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
could i also get help on the following questions please:

#38: i narrowed it down to A and B but don't know how to decide amongst the two.
#45: B sounds like they are saying that they note the difference but think its not practically important. But isnt a 4% increase in effectivity very practically imporant when it comes to peoples' lives?
#59: how can you distinguish between alcoholic hepatitis and steatohepatitis here? i chose alcoholic because the AST > ALT, although only slightly.
#60: that's what hemorrhoids look like!?
#61: ?
#62: ?
#65: how is it B?
#70: is it C?
#72: why is it D?
#77: is it B?
#78: is it B?
#84: is it D?
#86: ?
#88: is it really C?
#96: isnt is A?
#97: this one came up on another nbme too! i really need to know the answer to this one.
#99: isnt it B?
#103: why cant it be A?
#104: i dont get this one. they said its something that will likely go away and fix itself. hence i chose foramen ovale. i dont see how a septal defect can fix itself over time.
#106: is it D?
#114: is it C?
#116: is it B?
#117: isnt it E?
#121: is it C?
#125: dont both A and D cause it? i chose D because he lives in a rural area so he probably has a dog and stuff. It didnt say he went in a cave or anything.
#130: i dont get this one at all. i chose E because it said normal beside it lol sounds to me like he has CGD, not any immunoglobulin defect.
#132: is it C?
#133: is it E?
#134: ?
#135: how is it C?
#142: ?
#147: why not E?
#149: ?
#157: ?
#167: ?
#172: how is it A?
#174: how is it C?
#183: isnt it B?
#186: ?
#192: is it B?
#195: is it B?
#197: is it C?

if anybody could help me on some of these i would FOREVER be grateful :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Does anyone know if you can pay the extra 10$ after you finish the test to get the answers and explanations?
That only shows you which questions you got wrong, not the correct answers.

If you need the offline version and answer key let me know, ill email u them so we can discuss it in here :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey hi dr.nick can u please send me NBME form 11 with the answer key...
and yeah evn i am planning to take NBME 13 in next few days...

41 - 60 of 70 Posts