USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to register, but I found some points that are not clear to me so I stopped & closed the page.
I noticed that they requested NBME issued number ? what is this ? leave it blank ?
I also noticed that they requested Social Security Number. I am studying medicine outside US but I hold U.S citizenship.
So put my social security number or this field is only for students who study in USA.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Leave NBME blank and put down your SSN

NBME ID is used be issued for IMGs in the past when there were NBME parts exams. So that's not applicable for you. You need to enter your ECFMG or USMLE ID if requested.

Anybody who has a social security number should enter it whenever asked by an official or governmental institution and the ECFMG is an official federal agency so it's better to provide them with your SSN.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But this is when I request USMLE ID number (because I don't have yet),
they call it NBME Issued USMLE ID
behind it they say:
Enter the 8-digit USMLE Identification Number (no dashes), if any, assigned to you by the National Board of Medical Examiners

Is it the same you meant?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
But this is when I request USMLE ID number (because I don't have yet),
they call it NBME Issued USMLE ID
behind it they say:
Enter the 8-digit USMLE Identification Number (no dashes), if any, assigned to you by the National Board of Medical Examiners

Is it the same you meant?
If this is the first time you are registering then you leave it blank.
If you have previously issued USMLE ID then you have to fill it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts