USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 600 on the NBME 5 and 590 on NBME 6. I don't know how to improve my score more than this. Is this my peak? Also, do the NBME's get harder as the form numbers increase? My weaknesses by subject seem to change every time, but there's no subject that's exceptionally weak.

·
Registered
150 Posts
when is your exam???
if you still have plenty of time then you can try may be revising the whole notes again..n get grip of things that you had ignored on your previous reads..
just a suggestion...:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My exam is 2 wks from now. I think I'll give NBME 7 after some more studying. Thanks for your advice. I'm still curious if people think that forms get harder as the number increases i.e. is 6 harder than 5? I thought the questions themselves were ok except a couple in each block that were super weird.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Very good scores. 99 for sure.
How much time do you have before your exam?

If don't have a certain score you want to get, I'd say keep reading until 5 days before your exam and take NBME 7. It's the closest to the style of the exam, many say. This will be your score.

GL!

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi dazzles - i am in the same boat.. took NBME 3 + 6 a month apart and got same scores (560) - and got really disheartened with that... since i worked hard the interim 3 weeks. I tackled this by doing a "power review" of my kaplan materials - about 3 days/subject. Im surprised by how much info from those books i had lost...its helping me... so maybe that may be a good way. good luck. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
i took nbme 7 abt 2 wks bak..i got 380...i postponed my exam....than revised 1 st aid...now which form shall i do to re evaluate myself?if i do nbme 7,will there b different questions or the same?

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's the same

i took nbme 7 abt 2 wks bak..i got 380...i postponed my exam....than revised 1 st aid...now which form shall i do to re evaluate myself?if i do nbme 7,will there b different questions or the same?
Don't do that because it will be the same set of questions and you can't rely on it anymore. I would suggest you to take NBME 6 if you havent taken it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
shud i do nbme 6 or 11 or 12?
I didn't do NBME 11 and 12, so I can't suggest you anything. I think if you take the exam after May 17, probably it will be better if you take the newest form either NBME 11 or 12, otherwise take NBME 6. I heard there will be more immuno qs in the new USMLE questions pool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts