Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My nmbe scores were the following, they were a bit all over the place:

NBME 7: 196
NBME 11: 214
NBME 12: 233
NBME 13: 233
NBME 15: 194
NBME 16: 179 (I think i dozed off here, something happened)

Especially with NBME 15 and 16, i look back and I see that I missed so many easy questions just by not reading it properly, my score defn went up when i redid it.

I wrote my step 1 two days ago. How much do nbme scores correlate with the actual score. Any input is really appreciated!

Thanks guys, im really nervous right now. I really want STEP 1 to be over and done with so i can move on to my rotations

Does anyone know about experimental questions and the curve?

thank you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Your nbme scores are good so i think u are fine.i did all nbme offline and i was getting around 135-140 qs correct so my nbme score was way lower than urs but i still went for exam and got 212 on real deal.i wrote my exam on 10 june after the changes.so trust yourself and make alot of prayers.i am sure its over for you.Gud luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your nbme scores are good so i think u are fine.i did all nbme offline and i was getting around 135-140 qs correct so my nbme score was way lower than urs but i still went for exam and got 212 on real deal.i wrote my exam on 10 june after the changes.so trust yourself and make alot of prayers.i am sure its over for you.Gud luck
kshah, what was your lowest nbme score and how much of a difference was it in correlation to your final score of 212.

How did you feel after you wrote the exam?

thank you for your reply! its provides some relief!

·
Registered
73 Posts
All my nbmes was in the range of 190's.
Dont know exactly bcoz i did nbmes offline so just multiplied the no of correct answers with 1.45.
I did not write any nbme in the last month bcoz i knew that it will only shatter my confidence,so i dont know exactly how much i improved in last month.
Well after exam i was prEtty confident,i found real exam easier than nbme.2 blocks were really hard. Rest was ok.
U will definately get your score in ur nbme range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you!

I was just worried because right before the exam i got 179 on nbme 16 and that was so random compared to my other ones.. that really got me worried

·
Registered
20 Posts
NBME 15,16 are closely relatable to real exam and the score..
Since you found real exam easier compared to NBME, you are ought to score much better than NBMEs..
Good luck

Till scores come, relax and enjoy:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts