USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have my exam in less than 5 weeks. I am going to give NBME 7. Then I plan to give 2 NBME after which could be 12 and 16.
Have I made the right choice?
Should I give 4 total nbme or three would be enough given the no of weeks I'm left with?
And how should I prepare in the last month which is very crucial time for me?
Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys I have my exam in less than 5 weeks. I am going to give NBME 7. Then I plan to give 2 NBME after which could be 12 and 16.
Should I give 4 total nbme or three would be enough given the no of weeks I'm left with?
well I'd recommend doing the new nbmes like 15 16 17 and if you like another one of newer ones!!!! id say do one nbme and then look for your weakness in the score report from that nbme and then read that whole section from first aid then go for the next nbme and during the last month focus on FA as its facts are what get you score in the end. i wont say memorize it b/c that is an impossible task but what you have done uptil now is to FA easier to digest, keep your aim high stay focused, its very easy to get distracted during the last few weeks as one gets bored n tired from all the study.

Read FA again n again i cannot emphasize this fact enough, and if you have uworld just read the 'educational objective' of all questions a quick review of all the facts in uworld during lst week or two. Getting the double and tripple jump questions on the real is not very tought the uworld rewires us in doing that kind of questions its the memorizing questions that at times are asked and kind of get students to get stuck. If you are an IMG then focus on GENETICS, BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE & BIOSTATS because these are the subjects which will be tough. I wish you all the bes for your exam. do let us know how it goes All the best wishes for :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't waste your time with NBME 7 or 12.

Do 13, 15, and 16 ....You can do 17, but in my opinion it 17 way overpredicts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts