USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an IMG who just recently graduated and started preparing for my step1 last month. I've estimated to be able to finish all kaplan books by early April.

Initially I applied for eligible period of may-june-july. But having said that, there might be a possibility of extension of eligibility period because I have to start work around late April which was a bad miscalculation of timing.

I am planning to try to revise FA and do Uworld qbank in 2 weeks if possible in April. Because I will be very busy once I start working and might only have 1-2 hours a day for revision. Do you think it is still possible to do it? I would like to hear some of your advice because I am really worried that I might have to cancel the exam.

For now I study 10 hours a day of cramming kaplan lecture notes but I feel like I cannot remember much and I am kind of worried.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only way to determine if your approach is beneficial and that you are making progress is to take an NBME exam. Everyone preparing for Step 1 should take a minimum of 2 practice NBME exams before and after their prep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
have you started doing uworld parallel to the kaplan notes?
and have started reviewing from FA , with kaplan ,
I think by doing them you can really remember the clinical points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
. Give yourseld at least one month with USMLE WORLD. though there are no real repeat questions. Try to finish step 1, step 2cs and step 2 ck by july next year so that you can have all your results back by the second week in september when applications open on ERAS , the earlier you apply the more likely it is that you can get an interview

1 - 4 of 4 Posts