USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been a lurker for a while but recently just joined and wanted to make a post.

I'm kind of in a weird situation and I'm looking for some feedback if possible on what I should do and any advice is greatly appreciated.

I took step 1 last year august and failed by <15 points. I decided to retake it again so I've been studying since and already have my scheduled date for it in literally 15 days.

I already finished DIT 2014 since around early February, UWorld (finished mid-Feb with an overall 61, working on my incorrect blocks now), and just finished redoing Pathoma (last week).

I took UWSA 1 (mid-January) and scored a 219, I was happy to see that. I decided to take NBME 12 (end of January) but scored a 183. I don't get how that happened but I think that I second guessed alot of answers that I initially had correct.
Anyway, so I decided I needed to do more UW along with FA and thought I had to redo Pathoma which I finished last week.
Since my exam is scheduled for March 26th, and I started scoring over 70% on uworld blocks and around 48-54% on my incorrect blocks, I decided it was time to take an NBME today so I did. I took NBME 16 today and scored a 168. I am so disappointed because I really thought I wouldve seen a passing score. I just don't understand how my scores don't correlate at all. I feel like my UW scores are pretty decent and I would at least expect to see a pass on at least one NBME.

I'm here to ask for any advice on what should I do. Should I cancel my exam through ECFMG and reapply when my scores start to pass on NBME's? But I would have to repay the >$800 fee for ECFMG but I guess that's better than failing step 1 again.
I'm really at a loss for words, if anyone has anything it would be a great help and really appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone, been a lurker for a while but recently just joined and wanted to make a post.

I'm kind of in a weird situation and I'm looking for some feedback if possible on what I should do and any advice is greatly appreciated.

I took step 1 last year august and failed by <15 points. I decided to retake it again so I've been studying since and already have my scheduled date for it in literally 15 days.

I already finished DIT 2014 since around early February, UWorld (finished mid-Feb with an overall 61, working on my incorrect blocks now), and just finished redoing Pathoma (last week).

I took UWSA 1 (mid-January) and scored a 219, I was happy to see that. I decided to take NBME 12 (end of January) but scored a 183. I don't get how that happened but I think that I second guessed alot of answers that I initially had correct.
Anyway, so I decided I needed to do more UW along with FA and thought I had to redo Pathoma which I finished last week.
Since my exam is scheduled for March 26th, and I started scoring over 70% on uworld blocks and around 48-54% on my incorrect blocks, I decided it was time to take an NBME today so I did. I took NBME 16 today and scored a 168. I am so disappointed because I really thought I wouldve seen a passing score. I just don't understand how my scores don't correlate at all. I feel like my UW scores are pretty decent and I would at least expect to see a pass on at least one NBME.

I'm here to ask for any advice on what should I do. Should I cancel my exam through ECFMG and reapply when my scores start to pass on NBME's? But I would have to repay the >$800 fee for ECFMG but I guess that's better than failing step 1 again.
I'm really at a loss for words, if anyone has anything it would be a great help and really appreciated. Thanks
Interesting history. And what was the end of the history? What did you do? Did you cancelled it. And now have you already taken?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.