USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been transferred from one medical school to another.
The transcript from first medical school has been taken from me at time of transfer in medical school where I graduated. so I am not able to get that transcript.
Its currently kept in university and they can't give me because the university must maintain all transfer records of all students.
My final transcript contains school I started medical education and graduated from.
It doesn't mention time of transfer. But university has all records of transfer.

So what to do in this situation?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Your should have no problem

You should have no problem as long as you mention exactly the number of units transferred from the first school and that should be matching to what's mentioned in your graduation transcript.

If at all the ECFMG will send a letter to your second school asking them to document the transfer. They rarely contact the first school as well, they usually satisfy with a document from your graduation school telling them the date of transfer and what credits that have been transferred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should have no problem as long as you mention exactly the number of units transferred from the first school and that should be matching to what's mentioned in your graduation transcript.

If at all the ECFMG will send a letter to your second school asking them to document the transfer. They rarely contact the first school as well, they usually satisfy with a document from your graduation school telling them the date of transfer and what credits that have been transferred.
ECFMG 2011 information
http://www.ecfmg.org/2011ib/ibmec.html#transfercredits
its confusing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts