· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step 1 198
Step 2 ck 211
Step 2CS pass
Have not given step 3
4 months of observership with private doctors

I was just wondering should I really carry on with my dream oF landing a residency in psychiatry in the USA? Or should I consider other options?

· Registered
39 Posts
Ok honestly u don't have a very good chance unless you enroll in a research and do so many contacts and things like that. But eventually the question is how much you are willing to invest in this plan. If I were you, I would apply again but have a backup plan.
What other options are you thinking of?

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I applied for psychiatry this year! That's what I want to do! So when you say research, what do you mean? Research to publish? Also I am not sure but I am thinking of PA course as my back up option... But that's not what I want to do! :pensive: do you think giving step 3 before next match season would help my cause?

· Registered
454 Posts
I want to be very honest with you. The match is very competitive even for psy. The only way you can land a spot is contacts. If you work with a psychiatrist for research and they see you are dedicated to psy they will make calls for you. This however does not guarantee a match. PDs will rank according to overall performance and not just the interview. That said people have matched with low scores. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.