USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow aspirants,

i am fairly new to the usmle scenario and i am trying to understand what to study from where.

what would be great is if you could give me a list of study material (books and videos) and download links for them. I have downloaded the FA 2016 edition but i am confused about Kaplan notes, videos, pathoma, golijan etc.

please help me out. i need to start the prep asap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Confused dude from Hoshiarpur

It will take you sometime to come out of this phase.
If someone tells you the correct answer - you won't be able to believe.
You'll check around for 2 months and then you'll notice some things are repeated by many. That somethings will become your basis of things to come in the future. Then you will start to act.
The 2 mts this takes is not a way forward or something positive. Its more like a loss .

I have a solution .

Start with FA . Use KLN to help you understand FA .

While you doing this ask the 200 odd people what you should use and how you should study and what plan you should be following.

This way you won't lose out on the first 2 months . You would have done quite a bit of work.

Good luck.

Lifesaver .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello fellow aspirants,

i am fairly new to the usmle scenario and i am trying to understand what to study from where.

what would be great is if you could give me a list of study material (books and videos) and download links for them. I have downloaded the FA 2016 edition but i am confused about Kaplan notes, videos, pathoma, golijan etc.

please help me out. i need to start the prep asap.

Ready?

First Aid 2016 First Pass
- Do each organ system and section
- Complete the relevant organ system questions in USMLE Rx Qbank
- Complete the relevant organ system questions in Kaplan Qbank
- Sketchy Micro videos in the morning and at night

Take NBME 13

First Aid 2016 Second Pass
- Complete uWorld QBank
- Complete both UWSA (uWorld Practice Tests)

Take NBME 15

First Aid 2016 Third Pass
- Complete True Learn QBank

Take NBME 18

Take the Prometric USMLE 4 hour practice test

If you are still having trouble do yet ANOTHER pass of First Aid and complete the Becker Qbank

Do not waste your time doing Kaplan Notes or Videos unless your understanding is piss poor and even then i would try to do questions

The only thing you really need understanding for is some neuro and cardio stuff, endocrine pathways, biochem pathways maybe you can watch Kaplan or DIT videos for those

If you are super weak in pathology you can watch Pathoma but honestly you will get all the necessary Pathology from First Aid and the Qbanks

Trust me on this ive been studying for years do not waste your time do as many questions as you can get your eyes on and read First Aid like your life depended on it.

I have a few more passes and i am getting ready to sit myself

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts