USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am an US IMG from India.
Graduated in 2013, back in states for USMLE, huh... I guess that's why I am on this forum....

Please guys this is torture.... Well I guess I have to pay the price of residency by bearing this torture...:toosad:

To start with, my basics are not good at all... Anatomy, Physiology... all the 7 subjects of step 1.... :notsure: So started my preparation with gathering material required for the exam... Got hold of Kaplan Lecture Notes, Kaplan Videos, Pathoma for pathology. Started with anatomy... did it half way through... got saturated.. went with physiology.. almost finished it reading it one.. now u ask me a question from physio.. chances of answering it correct are 30%:confused: even after completing all of it... same is the situation with anatomy and biochemistry... Anatomy 70% done, Physiology 90% done and Biochemistry 90% done... Started with Immunology 85% Done & Microbiology about 40%.... Didn't touch the other three subjects yet. Using Kaplan Lecture Notes, Videos and Najeeb lectures for getting a good grip on my basics because they suck...

Almost 3 months now since I religiously started preparing.. Took a diagnostic exam last week on Kaplan website and score 34% which was 3 blocks exams I guess.

Have been following various forums online.. Everywhere people are recommending FA, so bought it.. opened it and closed it very quickly because as I am not that good at basics which i studied in 2006-2008, forgot most of it.. So I though that I should completed the KP LNotes before going to FA. Every now and then I keep referring to FA for the topic which I am studying in Kaplan Notes.

Planning to give exam by December. Requested to extend the eligibility to Jan-Mar 2016 as I though I would not be able prepared adequately to score good.

Feeling low from past few days that I am not able to vomit out what I engulfed... :mad:

Spending about 8-10 hours a day with frequent breaks in breaks in between.
Resources KP LC, KP Videos, Najeeb Lectures.

I believe that at this point there is no point in going with uworld and NBME's. :sleepy:

Mind is clouded with all sorts and kinds of thought...

Any kind words appreciated...

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi guys, I am an US IMG from India.
Graduated in 2013, back in states for USMLE, huh... I guess that's why I am on this forum....

Please guys this is torture.... Well I guess I have to pay the price of residency by bearing this torture...:toosad:

To start with, my basics are not good at all... Anatomy, Physiology... all the 7 subjects of step 1.... :notsure: So started my preparation with gathering material required for the exam... Got hold of Kaplan Lecture Notes, Kaplan Videos, Pathoma for pathology. Started with anatomy... did it half way through... got saturated.. went with physiology.. almost finished it reading it one.. now u ask me a question from physio.. chances of answering it correct are 30%:confused: even after completing all of it... same is the situation with anatomy and biochemistry... Anatomy 70% done, Physiology 90% done and Biochemistry 90% done... Started with Immunology 85% Done & Microbiology about 40%.... Didn't touch the other three subjects yet. Using Kaplan Lecture Notes, Videos and Najeeb lectures for getting a good grip on my basics because they suck...

Almost 3 months now since I religiously started preparing.. Took a diagnostic exam last week on Kaplan website and score 34% which was 3 blocks exams I guess.

Have been following various forums online.. Everywhere people are recommending FA, so bought it.. opened it and closed it very quickly because as I am not that good at basics which i studied in 2006-2008, forgot most of it.. So I though that I should completed the KP LNotes before going to FA. Every now and then I keep referring to FA for the topic which I am studying in Kaplan Notes.

Planning to give exam by December. Requested to extend the eligibility to Jan-Mar 2016 as I though I would not be able prepared adequately to score good.

Feeling low from past few days that I am not able to vomit out what I engulfed... :mad:

Spending about 8-10 hours a day with frequent breaks in breaks in between.
Resources KP LC, KP Videos, Najeeb Lectures.

I believe that at this point there is no point in going with uworld and NBME's. :sleepy:

Mind is clouded with all sorts and kinds of thought...

Any kind words appreciated...

Thanks
I would say start doing question banks. You can learn alot from them. You will start to see buzzwords and become familiar with different structures of questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts