USMLE Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Can anybody help me and say what's normal and what to expect and when do the replies come .
P.S:
I applied Sept 1st , need no visa , above 90, 6 month USCE and 6 month research :eek:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Some facts

Your credentials seem excellent.

What is the year of graduation? and what specialty you applied for?

Many programs start sifting superficially through applications early in September. This job is done by the coordinator and not the committee. Therefore, the only possibility is you get rejections if you don't meet the criteria (in the eyes of the coordinator). Most common early rejection reasons are Visa requirement and Year of graduation.

Then later in September and early October, the coordinator will give the filtered applicants list to the committee such as the PD and they will then start choosing from them to send for interviews.

So the fact that you have no rejections so far is actually good news because it seems that you passed the coordinator filter.

However, please note that not all programs send rejections, there is a possibility that you have been filtered out yet they don't notify you.

Also, I know several programs that do not even start this first filter until October (specially University programs).

So the fact that you don't have anything is completely normal and should not make you worry at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I`m 2008 grad and applied IM Cat.
thank u so much SABIO , alot of peolpe in different forums stated that they `ve allready IVs even 4 IVs , which is kind of silly this early.
So i just wanted to check if anybody is sharing the same boat with me:sorry:.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I`m 2008 grad and applied IM Cat.
thank u so much SABIO , a lot of people in different forums stated that they `ve already IVs even 4 IVs , which is kind of silly this early.
So i just wanted to check if anybody is sharing the same boat with me:sorry:.
Woow 4 Interviews already !! :indifferent: this is very strange

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Interviews/Rejections yet...

Join me in guys.. no interviews/rejections yet.. only 3 invitation letters that were sent by accident to most applicants.. how crude... got my hopes up for nothing.. :redcheeks;

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Me too

99/99/CS pass first attempt
Graduate 2004
IMG
three months externships

Applied to 50 FM and 100 IM

No interviews yet :scared:

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi all ,...this is all so unpredictable,.... but please dont loose hope... i have a frnd here who is from india 2002 graduate with 3 month observership and 4 month research got already 5 interview call,...she is also in need of visa.....

another friend from malasia ,citizen of america ,.. with lors from american physicians but i think no observership is still not getting any call......
..but sill dnt loose hope...wish u all the best:sorry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sabio, Lee , Applicant guide any body plz tell us what`s going on , by now how many IVs i should `ve got and is October really the IVs month , we really need ur help , this is so stressful :mad::sorry:

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Be patient

Sabio, Lee , Applicant guide any body plz tell us what`s going on , by now how many IVs i should `ve got and is October really the IVs month , we really need ur help , this is so stressful :mad::sorry:
The September/October IV invitation ratio is 1:5
This means that if you get one IV in September then you'll get 5 IVs in October.
For someone to have zero IVs in September, it's difficult to predict what will happen in October.
Have faith, be patient, and hopefully some IVs will start to show up in your inbox next week.

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Two email copies

I would like to know whether they send IV by email or by calling up? I'm not in the US for the time being. Thank you.
They send an email to the email that you registered with ERAS. If your email somehow missed it you can check your ERAS inbox as another copy goes there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts