USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice....I wish I had those books :(, but hopefully now they're more USMLE HY rather than review of the whole subject like the previous 1s!

but books are irrelevant, its the person reading the books, so make good use of them!

good luck, study smart not just hard :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wow.. they're almost half the size of the previous books! I always thought Kaplan lecture notes had a lot of extra, pretty useless stuff in them. This tells me I was correct :D

"study smart not just hard"

I also like this quote, Dr_Kal_El. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Kaplan bks

hey..
nice pics..thanks for putting them up...
they make me wish i was using the new bks...:p
but anyway...do they have the same content?? or is there any other difference??

Thanx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey the content are pretty much the same only micro and path have 50 pages less then the ones in green books... the other books are the same as the green ones...also micro and path is now in color....the reason y the books look lesser in size is because they used glossy paper

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Docs. Anybody knows where/how to buy them? any online source? They (the new brown lecture notes) haven't come up on "amazon.com" yet. How about the price? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well if they are practically the same except for color pictures i would say go with the green books. The non-glossy paper is better for writing down notes in the margin and you can find color pictures in google or Robins. Besides most of you guys use Goljan for path and micro has like 50 pages of diagrams at the end which are helpful; and im assuming thats what they cut out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
where can I get the 2010 green kaplan qbook from? It didn't come with my set. Need it really bad. It's not being sold seperately on amazon either

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not the same one. I want the green one...
Do you know what is the diffefence btw them? I mean if they are published in the same year (e.g. both 2009 version), are they still different?
I am asking this, bcuz I want to buy a set of 2009 (green ones) that doesn't have the Qbook and want to buy the 2010-2011 version of the qbook. Can you guide me if I am doing the wrong thing?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts