USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am preparing for my Step 1 which is scheduled for early June. I am done with 1 read of Kaplan and its video lectures and almost about to finish my first read of FA which I have been doing along with the Uworld (tutor mode, 40 percent questions left). I wanted to assess my self when I complete it and see where exactly I stand since I am having troubles memorizing things.
I was wondering which Qbank or NBME would be the best at this moment to take before I begin my second read of FA? And should I go for an online or an offline version of it?
Your suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all. I am preparing for my Step 1 which is scheduled for early June. I am done with 1 read of Kaplan and its video lectures and almost about to finish my first read of FA which I have been doing along with the Uworld (tutor mode, 40 percent questions left). I wanted to assess my self when I complete it and see where exactly I stand since I am having troubles memorizing things.
I was wondering which Qbank or NBME would be the best at this moment to take before I begin my second read of FA? And should I go for an online or an offline version of it?
Your suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Buy USMLE Rx on a discount and use that to complete your 2nd pass of FA

Then when you are finished with Rx buy Kaplan for your 3rd pass of FA

I did two banks at a time would do all the GI questions from Rx and Kaplan back to back so i would hit all the possible topics and different ways to approach them

Good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks. How long do you think this would take? Just over a month left for the exam.
Do 3 blocks a day 2 from Rx and 1 from Kaplan

44 questions x 3 blocks a day x 30 = 3960

Lets say you take 5 days where you do NO questions at all

44 questions x 3 blocks a day x 25 = 3300

Should finish one bank completely and another bank nearly 50-70% thru in 25-30 days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts