USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've been doing Qbanks for 6 weeks now and i already finished the whole Kaplan Qbank and half of USMLE world Qbank. the thing is that I am stuck with an average of 60-63% correct answers !
I started Kaplan with an average of 58% for the first 10 blocks that improved gradually to 62% and that's it, I've been stuck with 62% since then, even though I review some material daily from FA and my notes and I go through the explanations and write down any thing new, and i already paid for a NMBE assessment form which I plan to take within two weeks

what can I do to improve my Qbank score? My exam is one month from now

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm a bit skeptical

Dear b.abid,

It seems to me that you are using the QBanks as a tool of self assessment rather than a study tool. It is nearly impossible-at least for me- to finish the whole kaplan bank and half of uw bank in just 6 weeks and studying each question thoroughly. My guess is that you don't study the explanations thoroughly-both correct AND false questions. In my opinion, if you do that, then you will see your score rising. I also urge you to do the NBME as early as possible so that you can plan accordingly-if you don't do well you need to postpone your exam and modify your study plan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts