USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am planning to take step 1 soon, and I have the knowledge of the work as i read from kaplan and FAid, but im not satisfied with my score.....any suggestions how to tackle this????

·
Registered
161 Posts
hey.when r u planning to take step? and what sort of scores are u getting in the Q banks?
what subjects are u most facing the problem with? be more detailed then only we all can hop in and help u buddy..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi faith,

thanks for the reply.......in uworld i am scoring 75%, sometimes a bit lower, depending on the block......i wanted to take it month end, i just gave nbme after a bit of time, was focusing on first aid, i had prepped with kaplan, and then solved uworld and supplemented additional points in first aid.......for me i felt that worked best, kaplan books and first aid......but just sometimes its those finer details i mess up on.......and definitely issues with the equations.....immunology also......

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You'll get 99

hi faith,

thanks for the reply.......in uworld i am scoring 75%, sometimes a bit lower, depending on the block......i wanted to take it month end, i just gave nbme after a bit of time, was focusing on first aid, i had prepped with kaplan, and then solved uworld and supplemented additional points in first aid.......for me i felt that worked best, kaplan books and first aid......but just sometimes its those finer details i mess up on.......and definitely issues with the equations.....immunology also......
If you are scoring 75% in timed and random blocks then you will get 99 and you should take the exam as soon as you can.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hi faith,

hey i think u r u world percentage is def nice.if u r messing up on finer details determine is that the info u have forgotten OR is it that u r coming across that new fact for the first time. if u find out that u r forgetting those small details then analyze further that is it from a specific topic or a subject. note down these topics then and after making a list of them open ur fa and go through them again.

if it is some new piece of information u r coming across then just try to understand and correlate it to wat u have already learned. note it down on the first page of fa where there's index and stuff, so that whenever u open fa u come across it and this will help u to become familiar with it and finally memorize it.

abt immuno-i have found out that once i went thru kaplan and fa i was frustrated because its so much detailed. therefore i wrote down whatever i had understood of immuno not copying from the book but what actually has penetrated my mind. then filling in the gaps on information which i had missed out on writing.

equations well my only piece of advice is write them down and stick 'em up on ur wall. and cross ur fingers that u do remember them!!

hope this helps...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a range, its not constant, its the finer details i am messing up on, the concepts is not the issue.....so i think a solid reading shud settle this and more questions....passed form 3........:( @ GTTAG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts