USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I want to apply for an observership at Cleveland Clinic Ohio for one of the next months of winter. I am an IMG and I haven't been to USA before and there is option on the website application asking if I have a LOR form foreign medical personal other than form my original country, there is also an option for "Letter of Verification" from foreign institution. My question here, are those mandatory to be accepted or I would lose 200$ for nothing.

Anyone can help? Thanks

N.B. The deadline for the application is 12th of June.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey

Hey guys,

I want to apply for an observership at Cleveland Clinic Ohio for one of the next months of winter. I am an IMG and I haven't been to USA before and there is option on the website application asking if I have a LOR form foreign medical personal other than form my original country, there is also an option for "Letter of Verification" from foreign institution. My question here, are those mandatory to be accepted or I would lose 200$ for nothing.

Anyone can help? Thanks

N.B. The deadline for the application is 12th of June.
I also had same doubt..Did you come up with any solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the letter of verification is a letter of good standing. So if you are a students you have to get a Dean's letter and if you are a physician you have to get a letter from the hospital you are working in. The other foreign LOR they told that it is not mandatory, it is enough to get LoR from highly reputated intitiution you enrolled to work in which is located at your home country. I already applied and I am currently waiting for their response.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, the letter of verification is a letter of good standing. So if you are a students you have to get a Dean's letter and if you are a physician you have to get a letter from the hospital you are working in. The other foreign LOR they told that it is not mandatory, it is enough to get LoR from highly reputated intitiution you enrolled to work in which is located at your home country. I already applied and I am currently waiting for their response.
Thanku so much for the reply.which month did u apply for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts