USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one. i'd like to have more informations about usce, if you wouldn't mind. i know the ranking about usce, we have observership, the last one, research, and the rest of hands on clinicals. like clerkships and core rotations wich are both clinicals rotations,

but, what's exactly the definition of an official clerkship for the matching residency?
please, correct me if i'm wrong.

1/ an US clerkship is a clinical 'hands on' we have to do in place of our own clerkship from curriculum medical school wich give us credit from school. is it correct?

2/is this US clerkship must be done in an hospital affiliated to a program residency? or it doesn't matter.

3/if the us clerkship is a clinical rotation wich gives you the credits in place of our own clinical from medical indian school, do the us clerkship must be done in the same dates as the indian clerkship we have to do in our own country?
i give an exemple. in india, for the last year we have a clinical practice in emergency medecine (october 2015). but , i decided to do this clinical practice in usa. so the question is , do the clinical clerkship for emergency medecine in usa must be done in october 2015, in order to be considered like a clerkship officially for the matching process?

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
1. Yes and can also do it asa graduate with insurance

2. A teaching hospital (acgme) with residency is best because it will definitely be approved.

3. What!?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts