USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently moved to USA. I am an old graduate but done with all the steps and ecfmg certified with permanent status (green card ) willing to go any where in (remote areas ) etc.
any suggestion. I am doing observership in Houston nowadays

·
Registered
378 Posts
@ younissmed Funny haha

I have heard you can use your observerships as an advantage by networking; Houston has a great medical center. Not sure how IMG friendly though?
I'm not kidding, I always wanted a penguin for a pet.
but with all seriousness , I've seen old grads matching in descent programs if they've got what it takes.
so I guess in order for people here to be able to help you out they need to know your credentials and YOG. good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not kidding, I always wanted a penguin for a pet.
but with all seriousness , I've seen old grads matching in descent programs if they've got what it takes.
so I guess in order for people here to be able to help you out they need to know your credentials and YOG. good luck
Thanks for your reply I am 10 years old graduate and my scores are 215 / 90, 215/90 in step 1 and 2 respectively. Wish you all the best in yr search for your fav pet :). I hope I will be lucky to find some thing for myself as soon as possible.

·
Registered
369 Posts
that pet thing is funny :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I actually never thought from this point of view :p and polar bears aren't that wild I guess :p :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for your reply I am 10 years old graduate and my scores are 215 / 90 ,215/90 in step 1 and 2 respectively .Wish you all the best in yr search for your fav pet :). I hope I will be lucky to find some thing for myself as soon as possible .
Well, not to BS you, things are tough now, it has changed over the past couple of years for IMGs, a lot of people get 250+ & they apply to the same programs that we apply to. so yes definitely it's harder than it used to be, I applied for 165 IM programs and only got 3 IVs one of them by connection, I'm thankful but just pointing out the odds.
with your scores and YOG you need a lot of USCE, something to stand out & make up for the old YOG but nothing is impossible & hopefully with the upcoming healthcare reform things will be better.
good luck & if you know anyone that sell penguins let me know & an ice box too :))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.