USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an IMG from India , Graduated in 2009 , Finished House surgency and worked for two years .
After that I came to Canada as a PR by the end of 2011 ,then started working full time /part time jobs ( not health related ).it's almost 5 years now.

Last month I started USMLE preparation ,watched usmlerx videos and now I am reading first aid 16 .
My question - 1)is there any age limit for USMLE ?
-2)is there anything I need to do, to show recent experience in clinical/health related job ?

Please Advice .

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no age limit for the USMLE but if you have been out of school for a while then you may struggle studying at the intense pace that this exam requires. Most people make the mistake of preparing with an extended study period at a slower pace which leads to constantly forgetting the material you learned at the beginning. It would be better to study for a shorter period at a higher pace as quite a bit of the exam requires memorization.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@USMLE Masters -Thank you ,I was worried because I don't have recent clinical experience & yes it's true that I am forgetting things easily after one or two weeks. :confused:
I have finished pathoma and usmlerx videos online .I am planning to write after 10 ~12 months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That amount of time will allow you to relearn any basic science you may have forgotten from scratch. As long as your last 2-3 months are intense (8-10 hours/day) you should be able to cover all the material in enough detail. I recommend planning your schedule and sticking with it because it is easy to lose motivation when studying for that long and very easy to get distracted by other obligations of life. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts