USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
I am new to this forum need advice regarding how to start and from what to study. I am an old IMG graduated in 2010. Working a full time 9 - 6 non-clinical job. I have studied before for Step 1 but stopped due to some domestic. At the moment I have a target of 5 months on my mind, I dont know weather its enough or less.
Kindly if any one has done in similar condition your advice or help will be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same situation

Hi, I also graduated in 2010 and want to start my step 1 prep while working. Have you acquired all the material and started a schedule yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey !

I have a mixture of materials with me. Mostly old, cause i started preparing 2 years back then due to some domestic reasons i stopped.
From various sources i have heard about Dr Najeeb, then Kaplan Lectures and their notes and then just doing the First aid and Uworld.
Its very confusing :(
and no i don'y have any schedule yet. Still planning.
What about you ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am an old IMG graduated in 2012. I have been studying for usmle. I have failed twice. I am a full time worker 40 hrs. Should I leave work and just study fir usmle step 1? Or work and study at the same time? Which one would you recommend? Please advice!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just starting

I am also only just collecting the material I need, I have Kaplan videos and pathoma, but I need to get first aid 2016 and UW. I think I can study for a few hours on weekdays but do the bulk of the studying on weekends. I have been out of the medical practice for three years but hopefully not all is lost. How many hours can you commit to a day?
@docgirl I dont know what your situation is, I personally have to make it work by studying and working at the same time. It all depends on your personal circumstances.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts