USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I graduated in 2007, no Iv 3 rejections and 2 acknoledgements, I am also thinking i will have to apply next year, get more experience and pass step 3 with better score:(
What specialties do you apply to? Your profiles are not bad at all for IM or FM. I have not got any IV, either and it is understandable with my credentials :eek: But let's keep our spirit up! :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
What specialties do you apply to? Your profiles are not bad at all for IM or FM. I have not got any IV, either and it is understandable with my credentials :eek: But let's keep our spirit up! :)
I applied to IM and FM total of 90 something, and some of pediatrics and pathology just cause somebody told me i might have a chance there.... but altoghether applied to 111 diferent programs, i have an understanding that YOG is REALLY BAD, and average scores don't help me that much, so i might need more experience, i think your PHD gives you and edge too. did you have rejections yet?

·
Registered
70 Posts
2nd IV - JFK new jersey

Finally after a long list of rejections, I received today at around 4:30 pm EST my 2nd IV. It's an FM program at JFK Medical Center in Edison, NJ.Happy-2

My first IV was a peds program at Mt Sinai in Chicago which I received on first wk of October.

There is indeed still hope for old IMGs like me with low step 1 score.:)

My excellent academic records and US LOR are probably helping out negate my low step 1 score and old IMG status.:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally after a long list of rejections, I received today at around 4:30 pm EST my 2nd IV. It's an FM program at JFK Medical Center in Edison, NJ.Happy-2

My first IV was a peds program at Mt Sinai in Chicago which I received on first wk of October.

My excellent academic records and US LOR are probably helping out negate my low step 1 score and old IMG status.:)
Congratulations!! i wish you all the best :D

·
Registered
979 Posts

There are lot of us behind you, go show them mature attitude to medicine and relationship skills. Congratulations and Good luck.. This really helps my doubts about being old and hopeless

·
Registered
48 Posts

You go HOTDOC!!!

So happy for you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.