USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am a FMG from India and going to apply for residency this year. I just gave my step 2 cs exam a couple of days back and have been doing observerships in private clinics for the past 3 months and now I'm thinking of joining FMG/AMERICLERKSHIPS but the thing thats holding me back is the expenses.

So I would like some clarifications regarding whether I should join these programs or should continue to look elsewhere because they only provide hospital visits once a week.

Secondly I'd like to ask whether doing externships during the months of sept/oct count in your cv or not??

PLEASE ADVICE..:confused:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
September and October USCE will not be useful because you should apply on September 1st and you can't mention it and you won't be having the LoR

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello, the programs that we offer do not necessarily only allow you 1 day per week in the hospital. This is the minimum that is guaranteed. If you were looking for more hospital exposure you should discuss this with your representative and if there is any availability they will be able to help you with this.

Observerships in many cases do not impact an applicants chances at residency as it does not prove your clinical strengths to an admission committee board member.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts