d- Ewing sarcoma
e- Osteitis fibrosa cystica

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The correct answer is giant cell tumor :D
This is the typical egg shell or soap bubble appearance of the tumor

Btwn, If I was not the maker of the question I would have chose osteitis fibrosa cystica like you :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
The correct answer is giant cell tumor :D
This is the typical egg shell or soap bubble appearance of the tumor

Btwn, If I was not the maker of the question I would have chose osteitis fibrosa cystica like you :)
Ithink it is ewings sarcoma any body explain x-ray finding i am not good in that

·
Registered
236 Posts
The site of the lesion is relatively common in osteitis fibrosa and minority of giant cell tumors which are usually found around the knee. The age is not appropriate for osteitis fibrosa, anyway the x ray is not typical of giant cell tumor, the soap bubble (multiple septaions within a lytic lesion) appearance could be much more clear than that, the only thing that's clear here and denotes GCT is cortical invasion. Another feature is that it respects the articular surface boundaries. try these:
http://medinfo.ufl.edu/~mspath/sample/images/e11046.jpg
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/389833-imaging

This picture is taken from wikipedia giant cell tumor of the hand.

Ewing's occurs in younger population, it may present as osteomyelitis (redness, fever...). It arises from the diaphesis, the tumor is very aggressive infiltrating soft tissue. It occurs in long bone especially the femur and in pelvic bones. It produces onion skinning (layered appearance)

·
Registered
1 Posts
my answer: a- Enchondroma

because Enchondroma is the most common type of hand tumor
and it is most common in the hand, but may also affect the femur, humerus, and the tibia

The most common symptoms are:
1- pain of the affected area
2-enlargement of the affected finger
3-slow bone growth in the affected area

or could be asymptomatic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.