USMLE Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Excellent Course

Hi Everyone,

I passed my exam on second attempt after taking the GoldUsmle course. I did it in Philly too. :p I believe the course made all the difference. Dr. Thomas and his team went out of their way to ensure we learned all the necessary information including how to answer challenging questions. I learned what mistakes I had either committed or omitted on my first attempt. I had to wait almost 3 months for my result but seeing that 'pass' was worth it.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to pass this exam.Happy-2

·
Registered
20 Posts
gold-review

hello,

anyone taken this course at their NY location. pls give some feedback as I am planning on taking it. also, can i still use the code they mentioned at top of this msg thread.

thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gold CS Prep......PASSED CS FIRST ATTEMPT

Greetings,

Hope this finds everyone well. Just wanted to share my experience about Gold CS prep. It is hands down the best CS prep course out there. Dr. Thomas is amazing. For my result, all the credit goes to him as I followed his mnemonics and his guidelines regarding the challenging questions to the letter. He gave me a full hour regarding some exam specific questions after 11 in the night. His dedication towards his students is impeccable and admirable and an encouragement for all of us.

I would also like to clarify some false claims made by one of the members of this group. Gold review course honors the best performer of a particular mock test by giving him/her a gold stethoscope. In fact, one of my best friends and my SP got this stethoscope and we even used it to practice some of the cases.....:))
Also, my 16 PNs were evaluated by Dr. Thomas himself, up till the last day before my exam. He was so thorough that he even picked up a tiny spelling mistake that I had in 1 of my PNs. Also, someone saying that this course is good for a particular group is total nonsense. The class was too intense that I barely got time to scratch my head....:p. Let alone noticing what other people were doing. These are totally false statements and I can say this because I attended the 5 day workshop myself and 5 of my very close friends did too and share the same opinion about the course. Anyways, we went there to study not to compare 1 course to the other. But, if I would compare then Gold CS prep would be simply the best one.

This course is dedicated to our success and is extremely accommodating to students and doctors from all around the world.

Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dont spread lies!!

Original Post Deleted
Well, Lets bust some facts first and foremost. There is no way to objectively prove on a forum that one teacher is better than the next. Why should we take your word for it? Most courses out there want to help people, no one is denying that but they want to make a business out of it. In that respect, GOLDUSMLE is more noble when it comes to that cause. Dr. Thomas is a gem, he is strict but shows genuine happiness when you perform well. And for those who have attended the course, you know why he does it. For others bad mouthing him, you will feel very about yoursleves if you do know the reason. I was a past student of the course and I have posted about the course before too. BTW, at my workshop, I along with 2 others were tied for the top student. THere was a vote, and one student was chosen to get the GOLDEN STETH. I saw it being given out. In fact, as the student who came 2nd was so close, he too was given one by Dr. THomas. I did not get one as I was voted third. PLease do not mislead the public. Like me, there are many students here who come to take the USMLE with a lot of hopes and dreams and if you have info or are higher up the road than they have a professional and civic duty to help people out. Kindly, do not misguide anyone. Unless you have taken both the courses you are not the best judge to speak about the negative aspects of one over the other. If you ahve inded genuinely taken the XIMEDUS course, speak about the strengths of that instead of bad mouthing another course. And, your last comment is Downright RACIST! IT is complete BS!! IN my batch, there were students from 8 countries, including 2 from the USA as AMG!! The AMG student in fact won the STETH and 2 students from INDIA tied with him till an open floor vote was held!! And about the note grading, every student gets there NOTES graded till the date of exam. I sent in notes the night before my exam with a note expressing the fact my exam is tmrw and got them graded immediately. So, in a nutshell, DO NOT SPREAD LIES! TRY TO MAKE YOURSELF BETTER THROUGH HARDWORK AND NOT THROUGH CHEAP STUNTS SUCH AS THIS!!! This isnt a POLITICAL FORUM, its a forum filled with DOCTORS and FUTURE DOCTORS, so maintain some decorum...

·
Registered
10 Posts
GOLD is great!

Having trained in GOLDUSMLE CS REVIEW, I can vouch for those guys! They provide a comprehensive training, and Dr. Thomas is an amazing teacher. He knows his stuff and he has the right simulated patients hired who are all from a medical background! All of them give you a valuable one-to-one feedback and this is really helpful. You will come out extremely confident finishing the course and will be ready to ace your exam.

p.s. I did not win the golden stethoscope!:))

Will be glad to answer any questions regarding the course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great experience with Gold CS

Original Post Deleted
First of all the course is for everyone, I'm an IMG from the Caribbean and English is my second language. My class had students coming from many different countries. I took 4 days training with Gold CS in NY last November, Dr Thomas and his staff have rigorous disciplines but it is for your best. They helped me figure out what my weaknesses are and worked hard on them. After the training I continued to send my patient note to Dr Thomas and I got all of them corrected with feedback until my exam. The ones I did not receive are those not sent . After the workshop i felt so confident that i moved up my test date from Houston to December in Philly. I got my result last Wednesday and I pass, I will definitely recommend the Gold CS to anyone who want to pass their CS in any of the test center . I was not afraid of Going to Philly (even those rumors about this center for IMG) because I know I was well prepared!
Be careful of those people who think they will be greater only by downgrading someone else!

·
Registered
2 Posts
GoldUSMLE is great!

I can tell for a fact that GoldUSMLE review is an amazing course which pretty much assures passing the CS exam.

From my experience in NY, the course is rigorous and intense but this is a mean of pushing you to the limit and ultimately prepare you for the test in a short period of time.

Dr. Thomas is prepared beyond belief, he will have an answer for any question you have about the exam and will impart a condensed class that will definitely prepare you well for the test.

The SP's are amazing, knowledgeable and insightful, many of which will get the best out of you. The fact that they give you feedback and make observations upon your performance and demeanor are extremely important to boost your confidence and point out the mistakes you're making.

It is also remarkable that even after you finish the course, you can still send in patient notes to be graded. This is a proof of commitment to help you even beyond the days you spend in the course.

In terms of diversity in the course, in my class there was people from many different countries, including Americans. And I must say that the course was beneficial to all of us, not just a particular group.

I have to thank the GoldUSMLE staff for their work and dedication to excellence and their commitment to see their students succeed. I ow my passing grade and confidence to this course.

I'd be glad to answer any questions regarding this course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fantastic Review Course

I attended the 5-day USMLE Gold Review course in Houston shortly before taking my exam, which was walking distance from the testing center. I found the team there to be incredibly professional and dedicated, including the SPs. One especially impressive experience I had there was observing many of the staff staying until the early morning hours to cover everything that needed to be done that night. Overall I came away from this experience having gained a wonderful new mentor (Dr. Thomas), skills that I've carried forward into my career and a high passing CS score.

To the aspiring physicians that are researching a CS review course: I stand firmly behind USMLE Gold Review and welcome any inquires you may have about my experience at their Houston location. I strongly recommend that during this process you avoid programs that expend their resources attacking others rather than improving their own merit. I have observed that USMLE Gold Review maintains a positive message and through doing so cultivates excellence in the academic community.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

·
Registered
16 Posts
GOLDUSMLE Review ALL THE WAY!

Hi,
Yes, GOLDUSMLEREVIEW is very much still up and running. I took the course in June of 2016 and passed my exam in Philly 10 days later with a HIGH PERFORMANCE in all sections. the course is intense and Dr. Thomas is stern and thoroughly professional. He cares very much that each and every student be a perfectionist in whatever they do. The quality control is great. We had students from all over the globe and by the end of the 4 day course (which I personally believe is the best deal) we all had similar styles of History and Examination. I am yet to read anyone say in any USMLE forum that they attended the GOLDUSMLE course and failed. In this day and age where institutions are out to make a quick buck, it is a relief to find someone like Dr Thomas who is helping students, IMG and AMG alike in his own way. The added perks of having notes graded TILL THE DATE OF YOUR ACTUAL EXAM and BEING ABLE TO PRACTICE USING THE FACILITIES TILL YOUR EXAM DATE are special perks that none of the bigger institutes offer. If you are diligent you can have absolute confidence you will pass after this course. I have recommended many of my friends and from what I hear, a lot of changes have been made to the CS exam (more images, visuals etc) and Dr Thomas has kept himself ahead of the curve by implementing all of these in his training program. He also gives a through performance feedback which tells you exactly where you can improve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
is this still valid ?
Hello,

Yes, USMLE Gold Review is still extremely valid. I've stayed in contact with Dr. Thomas after the course and my understanding is that this course is maintaining a high degree of excellence and popularity. Additionally he is keeping abreast of the latest changes to the CS exam, making sure the material is current.

If you (or anyone else) have any queries regarding this course, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly here. Starting an IM residency in just over a month now but I will always make time for anyone that wishes to know about USMLE Gold, as I feel it was an important factor in my own success.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CS

I passed my CS exam due to doctor Thomas and his mock exam. If you feel, that you are not confident, I strongly recommend mock examination!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Passed CS At First Attempt After Taking Gold USMLE Review Course

I just want to share a few hurdles that i cam across during my exam. I was just done with my step 1 and i had my CS already scheduled. I was completely burnt out, sleepless, tired and exhausted to take on a new exam right away. I heard a lot about the Gold Review from the people who took it and from the internet. I thought of giving it a shot. I traveled to New York in a week after my step 1 because i wasn't getting much done at home and i wasn't able to prepare for the exam due to exhaustion. I was grateful for my decision to choose Gold review to be honest. From day one i started to get back to preparing for CS. Dr. Thomas started giving individual attention to each student from day one. He pointed out my weaknesses in ICE and supervised cases to help me get the CIS component right. On my first mock exam i didn't do well. I was embarrassed and I told him i couldn't do it that this exam was not for me. Any other teacher would have told me to do whatever i want with that defeated attitude. I was registered for a 5-day course so that meant one more day of class and one more mock exam. I told him that i should postpone my second mock and take it when i feel prepared. He told me if that is what I think will help me then i should do it but his personal opinion would be that i leave New York feeling good about myself so i don't get demotivated to study at home. He told me to go home and read the feedback the SPs gave me from the first mock. He actually taught me to believe in myself, his criticism was so constructive that it helped me grow not only professionally but also as a person. I felt more confident. I did everything he told me to and took the 2nd mock and ended up at 3rd place in his class. That is the sort of commitment he has towards his students. His devotion to this cause of never letting a student fail at CS can be seen when you take his classes. I took my exam soon after i was done with my review and i passed. I stuck to everything I learnt at Gold Review Course and i just breezed through the exam. I recommend Gold USMLE Review to anyone taking CS after my personal experience. I would suggest not risking the exam thinking you can do it. As you will realize after taking the course how many things there are that you don't know and can be learnt over a period of just 3-days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
GOLDUSMLE Review ALL THE WAY!

Hi guys! I would like to share my personal experience with GOLDUSMLE review CS course. I took the 4 day course in NY in the month of June 2016. I had not prepared any thing what so ever prior to that. In fact, my first note was completely wrong. I was thoroughly impressed by the Professionalism of Dr Thomas and all the staff. It was an intense 4 day course but I was confident by the end of it. The days were long, but Dr Thomas explained why he likes it that way. Remember, your exam is long and arduous as well. The History taking styles and templates along with a full practice of all the exams system wise were awesome! I took my exam 2 weeks later in Philly and passed with a HIGH PERFORMANCE.The course is proced keeping in mind the students' and the expenses already incurred due to other USMLE exams, Travel and hotel stay. It is a small price for a huge dividend in terms of your career. I would urge everyone to strongly consider GOLDUSMLE review for all their CS prep. If I had to do it all over I would not change a thing. Dr Thomas is a gem of a person but is equally strict and expects all of us to be focused and it is this discipline which will get you through the exam on your day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How to Get that extra Edge for CS

As I write this post I would like all the students hoping to match into a residency keep a few things in mind.

1. There are a few things that you can directly control while compiling your application. the most important among those being having good scores and a first pass attempt and if possible a HIGH PERFORMANCE grade in the CS.

2. During interviews you will see many candidates with the same if not higher scores than you, then ask yourselves what sets you apart? What is it that makes you a better wanted learner/colleague than those sitting around in the room with?

As these questions went through my head a year ago, I decided to take the help of a professional when it comes to my CS exam. I did much research and I picked GOLDUSMLE review with their stellar reviews/geographical location and affordability.

I never regretted it. From the day 1, I had very good medical knowledge but to compile that in the short period of time and also type it all out with the Necessary body mannerisms was something that I had to pick up in a fortnight before my exam on July 14th.

I met Dr Thomas at GOLDUSMLE review. A man of extreme professionalism and someone who expected the same of you. His integrity and dedication to the cause of his students is immense. He is strict but only because he cares more if not as much as you when it comes to the Exam. The SPs were great. There are a few actual broadway actors in there! I took the 4 day course, passed each of patients during the mock exam where I got valuable feedback on my Communication/ Clinical and Note typing skills.

I felt confident on the day of my exam and took it in Philly. I passed 4 weeks later with a HIGH PERFORMANCE.

I had applied only to 95 programs keeping in mind my fellowship goals and again geographical proximity to my parents. Again I turned to GOLDUSMLE review and Dr Thomas to coach me for the IV season to give me that extra edge. I got 4 IVs in total and I matched into my Number 1 program located in Connecticut.

I do believe a lot of this has to do with Luck and the grace of God. I had the blessings of my Parents and my teachers as well. But I want all of you to remember, that we have all worked extremely hard and this system is super competitive. At the end of the day, what makes you go the extra mile? What give you that extra edge? What can you do to stand out from the crowd?

Answer to all of those questions is GOLDUSMLE review when it comes to the CS exam....

·
Registered
16 Posts
How to get the Extra Edge for Residency Match...

As I write this post I would like all the students hoping to match into a residency keep a few things in mind.

1. There are a few things that you can directly control while compiling your application. the most important among those being having good scores and a first pass attempt and if possible a HIGH PERFORMANCE grade in the CS.

2. During interviews you will see many candidates with the same if not higher scores than you, then ask yourselves what sets you apart? What is it that makes you a better wanted learner/colleague than those sitting around in the room with?

As these questions went through my head a year ago, I decided to take the help of a professional when it comes to my CS exam. I did much research and I picked GOLDUSMLE review with their stellar reviews/geographical location and affordability.

I never regretted it. From the day 1, I had very good medical knowledge but to compile that in the short period of time and also type it all out with the Necessary body mannerisms was something that I had to pick up in a fortnight before my exam on July 14th.

I met Dr Thomas at GOLDUSMLE review. A man of extreme professionalism and someone who expected the same of you. His integrity and dedication to the cause of his students is immense. He is strict but only because he cares more if not as much as you when it comes to the Exam. The SPs were great. There are a few actual broadway actors in there! I took the 4 day course, passed each of patients during the mock exam where I got valuable feedback on my Communication/ Clinical and Note typing skills.

I felt confident on the day of my exam and took it in Philly. I passed 4 weeks later with a HIGH PERFORMANCE.

I had applied only to 95 programs keeping in mind my fellowship goals and again geographical proximity to my parents. Again I turned to GOLDUSMLE review and Dr Thomas to coach me for the IV season to give me that extra edge. I got 4 IVs in total and I matched into my Number 1 program located in Connecticut.

I do believe a lot of this has to do with Luck and the grace of God. I had the blessings of my Parents and my teachers as well. But I want all of you to remember, that we have all worked extremely hard and this system is super competitive. At the end of the day, what makes you go the extra mile? What give you that extra edge? What can you do to stand out from the crowd?

Answer to all of those questions is GOLDUSMLE review when it comes to the CS exam....

- Anand Krishnan
UCONN SOM

21 - 38 of 38 Posts