USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several weeks of waiting I was happy to have received my passing score yesterday, I would like to share my exam experience and tips
The exam itself is based on how well you are trained on my first attempt I failed using only first Aid and my friends the first time and it was heartbreaking to me as I have never failed anything in my life failed ICE AND CIS.

for the second attempt I tried something different using study partners, Neeraj notes I attended Goldusmle course in houston, UW CASES were ok but the Goldusmle Houston course was a wonderful experience and I got to do 36 cases of practice LIVE over 5 days with the timed exam the patients were very nice and receptive to me corrected me so good.
I really appreciated the doctors efforts in houston they went above and beyond what I expected he dedicated the review to a deceased person and it was truly a beautiful thing to be a part of. The rapid review of differentials physicals and cases was very impressive. The whole faculty was very impressive and professional they also bought us free lunch and gave rides for students to their hotel that didn't have one. The direct feedback was very useful and I would not have been able to pass without this review. I strongly recommend it to everyone looking to pass

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exam tips
Overdo the empathy and support
Be receptive to the patient in the first 5 mins
Wash hands on all cases wore gloves for any foot pain related case
Start physical earlier unrushed
I closed every case on time
Shook hands before I left
Summarized every case
shut off lights for fundoscopy 1 x
Eye contact throughout

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.