USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed my step 3 with 89 score. Is this good score? my credentials are 85 (2nd)/99/Pass/89, visa req, IM and Ped..no IV in Ped. Also, is any use calling all programs and informing them on result? Do I have any chance in 2011?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Send updates to programs

Step 3 score is not useful for matching, it's only useful for H1B visa.

It's a good idea to send updates to the programs, it shows your ambition and persistence

Wishing you all the luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Passed my step 3 with 89 score. Is this good score? my credentials are 85 (2nd)/99/Pass/89, visa req, IM and Ped..no IV in Ped. Also, is any use calling all programs and informing them on result? Do I have any chance in 2011?
Hello abi_aaa..Read ur post and am assuming that you got 85 in step1 at ur 2nd attempt, so I have a related query, I got my step 1 scores last week, and I failed :( I've already paid for step 2 CS..what do u suggest is it possible to get a visa just on the bases of step 2 CS ecfmg letter, how did u go about the rest of the steps..awaiting ur reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Difficult if you fail in step 1

I am not a expert on this forum. However I can tell you what you can do next. Focus on appearing step 1 again. I failed at first time because I studied independently without knowing what I am getting into. Then I geared up..talk to many people, read forums and study hard. You can reappear for step 1 in March, then 2 CK in July, and CS in Sept. Plan well.. Make sure your medical school has verified credentials by now. My 2011 residency sucked up because my medical school did not verified my credentials. Even after clearing CS, I waited 3 months for that process to complete. This delayed my Step 3 and killed my chances for good IV's.

Failing in step 1 is very bad start, but not end of career. If your CK result is good, it will compensate your step 1. Then it depends on many factors..do you need visa, did you had USCE, have you worked in research, strong LOR's and what specialty you getting into..the most important is 'LUCK'..trust me!

One thing to keep in mind..whatever happens, keep your moral and motivation high. Some people in forums give wrong advise all the time..beware of them. All the best!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not a expert on this forum. However I can tell you what you can do next. Focus on appearing step 1 again. I failed at first time because I studied independently without knowing what I am getting into. Then I geared up..talk to many people, read forums and study hard. You can reappear for step 1 in March, then 2 CK in July, and CS in Sept. Plan well.. Make sure your medical school has verified credentials by now. My 2011 residency sucked up because my medical school did not verified my credentials. Even after clearing CS, I waited 3 months for that process to complete. This delayed my Step 3 and killed my chances for good IV's.

Failing in step 1 is very bad start, but not end of career. If your CK result is good, it will compensate your step 1. Then it depends on many factors..do you need visa, did you had USCE, have you worked in research, strong LOR's and what specialty you getting into..the most important is 'LUCK'..trust me!

One thing to keep in mind..whatever happens, keep your moral and motivation high. Some people in forums give wrong advise all the time..beware of them. All the best!
Thank you so much for the reply, it's very encouraging, in fact it couldn't have been better.
I feel motivated once again, and will follow what you've suggested. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts

Hi !
I had read your posts earlier.........i had failed on step 1 on my first attempt........got my step 1 reappear score today 197\80..........am very much tensed.......very depressed.........please help me and suggest what should i do........shuould i continue with usmle or leave it........please tell me your experience and whether you applied for 2011 match and how did it go
I will be really really thankful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts