USMLE Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my visa debit card I was talking about, I got it recently.........

My credit card issue is still pending, i was guessing about the expiry date of that also..........

By my visa debit card has really expiry year of 2021, what can I do?? plz help......

· Registered
1,176 Posts
I do not think you can use a DEBIT card for any internet purchases (it should say on the back of the card) you need a true credit card where you are billed for your usage after you have used it. Not the card that can be used in an ATM!

· Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
752 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ patel

i was using debit card for my previous NBME's , and yeah in india too we can purchase NBME via debit card..........

i was using the debit card of my friend previously, bt now he is out of city.......

NBME replied tht its not possible to hav expiry date of 2021 and recheck ur expiray date , now i m struck.......

· Registered
1,176 Posts
Am pretty sure that any debit card that has MasterCard or Visa logo in it works just like any credit card. This is not about countries, this is a standard feature provided by MasterCard and Visa.
You maybe right, although experience states otherwise. I wanted to purchase something else online, and with my State Bank of India Visa Debit card, I was unable to purchase anything online. :notsure:

Ended up using my American Express instead. :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,176 Posts
@ patel

i was using debit card for my previous NBME's , and yeah in india too we can purchase NBME via debit card..........

i was using the debit card of my friend previously, bt now he is out of city.......

NBME replied tht its not possible to hav expiry date of 2021 and recheck ur expiray date , now i m struck.......
That's what I was thinking too, a 10 year expiry period is a very long time!

· Registered
37 Posts
Sbi atm cum debit card

You maybe right, although experience states otherwise. I wanted to purchase something else online, and with my State Bank of India Visa Debit card, I was unable to purchase anything online. :notsure:

Ended up using my American Express instead. :rolleyes:
HELLO PATEL, can u tell me if it was a SBI ATM cum debit card or the SBI visa debit card, for my card read sbi atm cum debit card but it doesn't have the visa logo, its the master card logo (not even mastercard logo its not the same i guess) i want to get a clear idea before i proceed for i cant risk if the card shows amount deducted and the NBME say they haven't received any.

· Registered
37 Posts
correcting earlier post

HELLO PATEL,can u tell me if it was a SBI ATM cum debit card or the SBI visa debit card, for my card read sbi atm cum debit card but it doesn't have the visa logo, its the master card logo (not even mastercard logo its not the same i guess) i want to get a clear idea before i proceed for i cant risk if the card shows amount deducted and the NBME say they haven't received any.
Sorry my mistake its "mastero" logo on the card instead of the "master card" logo, both logo are similar with two circles cutting each other

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.