USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you go over pharm before micro because they are referring to specific drugs to treat bacteria,etc. in kaplan micro. also are there alot of questions asking for specific antibiotics for specific pathogens? thanks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Do Micro first

If you are reading Kaplan Lecture Notes then the recommended sequence is
Anatomy Physiology Biochemistry Microbiology Pathology Pharmacology and then lastly behavior.
This sequence is based on the fact that they build up the knowledge one on the other.

Yes, there will be (best antibiotic) questions in the exam. Maybe 3-5 of them in your whole exam.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i'm not really paying that much attention to the treatment in micro, so i can learn that all in pharm?

·
Registered
919 Posts
so i'm not really paying that much attention to the treatment in micro, so i can learn that all in pharm?
oh i think u should pay a little attention. if u realize the drugs used in micro all have similarities somewhat. like the azoles are for fungi, the amphotericin are for systemic infections n penicillins are normally 1st DOC for most gram positive organisms n some gram negative, then they may give macrolides (for the penicillin allergic patients). its all a trend. perhaps u could look at FA micro-pharmaco to see why those drugs are preferred to get an idea. then instead of memorizing them too much, move on to the next subject n once u get to pharmacology it will only help u understand the drugs given better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts