USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , I hope someone can clear this out for me ..

When a physician uses drugs we must report him somewhere.. So , in Kaplan book it says report to state board/HIS supervisor , but in Kaplan lecture the professor said that you always report on YOUR supervisor so he can act ( there is a hierarchy of sorts , MS --> Dean , Resident --> Program Director , Attending --> Chair of department , Private MD --> State Licensing Board )

To me the first one sounds more logical ,e.g What does the Dean have to do with practising physicians..?? All input is welcome...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey everyone , I hope someone can clear this out for me ..

When a physician uses drugs we must report him somewhere.. So , in Kaplan book it says report to state board/HIS supervisor , but in Kaplan lecture the professor said that you always report on YOUR supervisor so he can act ( there is a hierarchy of sorts , MS --> Dean , Resident --> Program Director , Attending --> Chair of department , Private MD --> State Licensing Board )

To me the first one sounds more logical ,e.g What does the Dean have to do with practising physicians..?? All input is welcome...
You only report when you think that a healthcare worker's (attending, fellow, resident, etc.) social habits (such as alcohol consumption) are interfering with patient care. You report to whoever is your superior. That is how I learned it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts