USMLE Forums banner

Picmonic

Tags
picmonic-
4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  snir1 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Don't know how many people had a chance to try this. But I've just started using it and even though at first the pictures seemed random and silly, they actually are working great. I was skeptical at first, but when I tested myself by trying to recall all the information on about 5 cards that I had just skimmed through, it was amazing. I was able to recall everything on each one of those cards.

I always found memorizing facts about bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens as well as memorizing the features of particular diseases an impossible task. But with the pictures from picmonic, I have to say it's so much easier. I just wish I had these pics from the beginning, my prep would've been much faster. Anyways, better late than never, cuz I was still messing up certain things, but now it's helped me tremendously.

I'm not posting this to be an advocate for picmonic. Actually even the time I spent typing up this message is not profitable for me in anyway. But I'm sharing this with you guys simply cuz I'm so excited by it's effectiveness. And I believe it'll help many people out there who are like me and have a problem with memorizing pages and pages of facts.

Cheers, and all the best on your step 1 journey.

You guys can try the trial set at picmonic.com

here's a video example of what the cards are like:

If you guys are interested in purchasing this product. Using the code Einstein4Saints at checkout will get u guys a 50% discount.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sweet Deals from Picmonic!

Hey all,

Wanted to share with you even better deals coming your way from Picmonic. Right now we're offering all students the opportunity to participate in our research efforts and become a Picmonic Ambassador. What does this mean?

1. You get access to the whole Step 1 Collection for only $99.
2. You get access until you pass your exam.

All you have to do to help us out is fill out a two minute survey and promise to submit your Step 1 scores. Students are really excited about this offer, and we created it so that our product can be more affordable to the masses.

THAT'S NOT ALL EITHER.

For students who aren't too keen on helping with the research, we're also offering 50% off on any purchase, no strings attached. Just use the promo code SWEETDEAL at check out to get your savings.

You can always visit our website if you're looking for more information. Let me know if anyone has questions!

Good luck studying,

Ronnie

#7 ·
This product debuted January of my second year and I fell in love with it instantly. I found it extremely helpful for things like microbiology and some other topics that required memorizing things that didn't always fit together conceptually.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but really felt their product worked. It's probably one of the more powerful yet lesser known services out there. For certain things, arguably the best resource there is. It may not have ALL the information, but what it does have you'll remember.

I don't know if they still have it, but they used to have a free sample deck of picmonics so you could try it out and see if it works for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.