USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am thinking of giving exam in mid May.
I have done Kapl notes and FA and doing UW now 30% completed till now with comm. score of 43%..:eek::toosad:...
i am doing timed mixed 1 test a day.Is this is very low score??
Am I doing it too slow to take exam in May???
I am really confused and tensed...What can i do to increase my score..
Please advise...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello
I have done Kapl notes and FA and doing UW now 30% completed till now with comm. score of 43%..:eek::toosad:...
Please advise...
In my opinion, the best way learn is to do questions in untimed tutor mode. By the time you get to the end of a 46 question block, you might review your incorrects, but not with the same energy as you would if you review each and every question immediately after answering the question.

The best thing you can do at this point is complete UW thoroughly. Read every answer choice's explanation, whether you got the question correct or incorrect. This would usually take me about 2-3 minutes per question, including answering the question (some longer when the concept hasn't been internalized yet).

70% of UW is about 1500 questions you have remaining. 1500 x 4 minutes/question = 100 hours to complete. You have plenty of time. After you complete UW, do NBMEs online to work on your pace.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
reschedule is the best

Hello
Please advise...
Dear Krazy is recomended to complete the kaplan lecture and score of 77% of kaplan Q bank at least at kaplan.com, then memories the first aid books with doctor in training courses at doctor in training.com and kisspharm.com by Dr Ninji and finally work with usmleworld.com Q bank until you get a score of at least of 60 and up so you will be ready to schedule your test to guaranty yourself to pass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts