USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uworld Says (Total risk in population - Risk in unexposed)/risk in total population

Bistats Review section says (Risk in Exposed - Risk in Population)/Risk in exposed

Confused. Can any one explain this thing esp if the prevalance is given in the question. How to solve that??

Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Uworld Says (Total risk in population - Risk in unexposed)/risk in total population

Bistats Review section says (Risk in Exposed - Risk in Population)/Risk in exposed

Confused. Can any one explain this thing esp if the prevalance is given in the question. How to solve that??

Thanks
dont stress yourself about that. make sure you know those risks that help you calculate NNT and NNH..
those above calculations I am pretty sure bring to the same results. just calculated form different variables i assume.
the main idea is that PARP unlike ARP measures excess risk in the total population, not-only in the exposed subjects.
PM me

·
Registered
4 Posts
PARP for observational studies is (Risk in Exposed - Risk in Population)/Risk in exposed).

PARP for cohort studies is (Total risk in population - Risk in unexposed)/risk in total population.

When I compared both the questions that you are mentioning, the only difference is observational studies vs cohort studies.

Please do correct me if i am wrong!!:confused::confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts