USMLE Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afernoon everyone.. I just gave my step 1 exam 4 days back and i can already remember 20 mistakes from the exam..how much worried should i be considering that my goal is above 240 .. I am really losing it and everyday i can rememebr nee questions i did wrong

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the same condition... after exam i had compulsions to find right answer to some difficult qs. About 20, even may be 30-40 mistakes(mistakes that dont remember or thought did right). Some qs in my opinion had 2 right answers. It seems that your brain thinks mostly about mistakes. My last nbme 15 was 247. Let`s hope for the best(my result will be around in 1 week). Best wishes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey can anyone tell me how different the exam is since they changed it on may 9,2016. I've been searching for people who've taken the exam since then so please if anyone can tell me anything about the difficulty or the new material on the exam that you saw please post it. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey can anyone tell me how different the exam is since they changed it on may 9,2016. I've been searching for people who've taken the exam since then so please if anyone can tell me anything about the difficulty or the new material on the exam that you saw please post it. Thank you.
Hi. I read somewhere that first 6 blocks had 40 questions and last block had 28 questions.. The pattern of questions is almost the same as uworld. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good afernoon everyone.. I just gave my step 1 exam 4 days back and i can already remember 20 mistakes from the exam..how much worried should i be considering that my goal is above 240 .. I am really losing it and everyday i can rememebr nee questions i did wrong
its natural to feel that way. and you're more likely to remember questions that you got wrong because you probably spent extra time on them.

after writing the first canadian medical licensing exam, i looked up answers to 10 questions (out of a total of 180) that were on the exam and i got them all wrong. considering that for an interview i needed to get above the 95%, that made me a little uneasy. nevertheless, the score i eventually ended up getting was in the 99.4 percentile. and same thing occurred for usmle step 2ck, where i made a ton of errors... but i still got above 250.

i think that how you feel after the exam isnt very well correlated with the score that you get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its natural to feel that way. and you're more likely to remember questions that you got wrong because you probably spent extra time on them.

after writing the first canadian medical licensing exam, i looked up answers to 10 questions (out of a total of 180) that were on the exam and i got them all wrong. considering that for an interview i needed to get above the 95%, that made me a little uneasy. nevertheless, the score i eventually ended up getting was in the 99.4 percentile. and same thing occurred for usmle step 2ck, where i made a ton of errors... but i still got above 250.

i think that how you feel after the exam isnt very well correlated with the score that you get.
Thank you.. It makes me feel better! :) though the number of questions i got incorrect is increasing every day and its just heart beeaking!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thank you.. It makes me feel better! :) though the number of questions i got incorrect is increasing every day and its just heart beeaking!
you should try not to dwell on it. after all, everyone gets a lot of questions wrong.... some people remember more, others remember less. and at the end of the day, its just an exam.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my experience you pretty much only remember the questions you weren't sure about, so a lot of the ones you look up are going to be wrong. I can't remember what questions I got right, but I was happy with my score. You had the knowledge going in, so you should be fine. It's hard not to stress, but I felt awful coming out of mine and did better than I'd even hoped for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts