USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am in Pakistan and I am concerned about which prometric center should I pick?
Many of my colleagues have told me that they heard that people had issues with the power, since the whole country is having a crisis for electricity and when they are doing the mcqs during the exam the electricity goes for like 5 mins and it wastes their time, but this is happening in a few centers, so does anyone who took the exam recently heard about it or know anything or anyone can tell me which city prometric center should I pick which will not have any power issues?
Also i would appreciate if someone can share their experience in centre located in lahore or karachi or islamabad, if they had any electricity issues during the exam?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i called the prometric centers and they all said that they have power generators and the computers do not shut off at any time. so there is no problem in any prometric center and they are all international standard centers.
so its just a rumor!

·
Registered
264 Posts
UPS for computers

Hi I am in Pakistan and I am concerned about which prometric center should I pick?
Many of my colleagues have told me that they heard that people had issues with the power, since the whole country is having a crisis for electricity and when they are doing the mcqs during the exam the electricity goes for like 5 mins and it wastes their time, but this is happening in a few centers, so does anyone who took the exam recently heard about it or know anything or anyone can tell me which city prometric center should I pick which will not have any power issues?
Also i would appreciate if someone can share their experience in centre located in lahore or karachi or islamabad, if they had any electricity issues during the exam?
This is my experience of the Islamabad prometric center. When the power went out, only the computers and some lights kept on running. There was no disruption of the test and we kept on doing it. This was only for 2-3 mins and then the full power came back. So no need to worry about the power outages ruining your exam :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is a mini UPS attached to every computer at the Islamabad centre, so normally one should not expect any disruption during the exam. At least i did not face any problem during my exam in march.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts