USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey prachu... i hv just strted preparin for step 1...my target is to give the exam in sept..studyin kaplan... notes and watchin dvds...will also do first aid..pls tell me how to go thru step 1
Hey asmi, start with kaplan n try doing it within 1 1/2 months time.....I did both kaplan and USMLEWorld, kaplan is good to start. I didn't wait to complete my reading before starting qbanks....it helped me coz i wasn't recollecting stuff which I did.....n I did pharmac, micro n biochem as I solved the other subjects so that i don't lose my track of previous studied ones.....try solving NBME as time permits u....I had solved all the forms n my score in most of the forms was 247....so I trust their scoring... :):) I think this should help u.....is this your first exam???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx

Hey asmi, start with kaplan n try doing it within 1 1/2 months time.....I did both kaplan and USMLEWorld, kaplan is good to start. I didn't wait to complete my reading before starting qbanks....it helped me coz i wasn't recollecting stuff which I did.....n I did pharmac, micro n biochem as I solved the other subjects so that i don't lose my track of previous studied ones.....try solving NBME as time permits u....I had solved all the forms n my score in most of the forms was 247....so I trust their scoring... :):) I think this should help u.....is this your first exam???
Hey prachu... thanks a lot for ur advice....have started with anatomy... will keep in mind to do the qbanks side by side... and no I haven't given any steps yet.. this is my first exam...the only problem is I am doing my internship tooo... so still hv to strike a balance between the two... but my plans r to give the exam in first week of sept..
thanx agn and all the best for match

1 - 3 of 3 Posts