USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
After 3 months of studying I finally took a practice test and I did it at Prometric to see the real testing facility, in the end this is my first time.
Anyway, most of you already know this part. It was a 129 question test divided in 3 blocks. But I was expecting a through review at the end of the test but instead all I got was how many questions I did right. It was disappointing, no real time score nothing.
I did 60 percent right but I'm not sure which score it corresponds to?
Does anyone have any idea? I still have 50 days, I was hoping to see the wrong answers so I can determine my weaknesses. I think from now on I should go by NBME.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I'm asking absurdly irrelevant or hard questions. This is my 3rd or 4th post and the total answer I got is zero.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry no one responded.
A 60% on the FRED practice exam is consider failing.
Ever since they've increased the score requirement to pass to 209, it is suspected the equivalent of passing is 70%-75%.
Even a 70%-75% on the FRED practice exam is considered a risk.

To be on the safe side you need to obtain at least 75% - which is roughly just passing.

The best scores are seen with those that score 90% or higher on the practice test usually end up with 250+

If you are fine with 83% you'll most likely get 240 or higher.

The practice FRED material is not indicative of any score, it's just my interpretation of all the scores and percentages I've witnessed not only on this forum but others.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply ergo proxy.
It's depressing but good to learn the hard truth. I was thinking I could barely pass with that.
I also learned these are not new questions, now I will download FRED and check my mistakes.
Usmle is no joke. I have 47 days. We'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts