USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone!
i did NBME form 4 online but i scored very bad in both psychiatry and obgyn and borderline in pediatrics
i've only one month left for the exam and i really don' know how to improve my knowledge in those areas :(

i appreciate any help and thx in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
psyciatry is a bit tricky.. best thing is to REALLY read the question well... one word can change the answer (eg - duration of symptoms)

i heard the kaplan tapes and thought they were really good. my scores improved after that for psychiatry.....

OBGY is a real problem....

just practice and solve more questions i guess.

best of luck for ur exam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that true! there's a fine hairline between the different conditions :S
and drugs are another story! but i'll try to go thru those vids and see how it goes. thx for the tips :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey, if you ppl find any effective way for psych and obgyn, please let me know. i'm gonna start psych shortly and any advise is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i started to watch kaplan psychiatry vids and they're really fun :)
since u're starting ur prep i recommend u to watch those vids and take notes to revise later.
I also tried the obgyn vids but i didn't like them, they're saying exactly wuts in the notes. so now i'm just reading the notes and doing the UW obgyn section

·
Registered
472 Posts
i started to watch kaplan psychiatry vids and they're really fun :)
since u're starting ur prep i recommend u to watch those vids and take notes to revise later.
I also tried the obgyn vids but i didn't like them, they're saying exactly wuts in the notes. so now i'm just reading the notes and doing the UW obgyn section
COnsidering obgyn, are you saying that videos are not useful at all? Don't they explain things like they do in therapy?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NOOO !! not "at all" , they have some advantages but considering my very short preperation time :S i went thru some of the gyne vids and i felt like they were wasting my time so i ignored the rest of it and only revised the kaplan notes!
wish u the best with ur prep for step 2 :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
NOOO !! not "at all" , they have some advantages but considering my very short preperation time :S i went thru some of the gyne vids and i felt like they were wasting my time so i ignored the rest of it and only revised the kaplan notes!
wish u the best with ur prep for step 2 :)
thanks!!!!! when is your exam date???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts