USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am done with UW with aggregate of 55 percent. I have revised almost 60 percent of it but now the subscription is over. my exam in end of march. So when do i start with Kaplan q-bank?? Also, still i am not satisfied with my UW studies, do u think its wise to subscribe for it again? Right now i am doing FA.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Try something new

What i would suggest to do is do nbme 1 if you haven't done it before anything else.

After you do that assessement, i would then do kaplan qbank. There is no point to do a qbank twice unless your going to try and read each and every explanation for each question just for the purpose of learning..

But if you want to do a new qbank to test yourself, its advisable to do a new qbank such as kaplan's soon.

Try not to stick too much with the FA unless you kno all other subjects pretty well. FA alone isn't enough for the USMLE.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for ur reply JJtheMd, i was doing my first round of FA with UW revision.. ll take nbme tomo.. Also wen i am revising pharm, path and i solve questions along i do really well in questions of that subject and i do bad with immuno, stats qs, genetics, biochem.. And when i am revising biochem, gen etc, i do bad in path, pharm.. What do u think is lacking in my prepn?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks for ur reply JJtheMd, i was doing my first round of FA with UW revision.. ll take nbme tomo.. Also wen i am revising pharm, path and i solve questions along i do really well in questions of that subject and i do bad with immuno, stats qs, genetics, biochem.. And when i am revising biochem, gen etc, i do bad in path, pharm.. What do u think is lacking in my prepn?
You need to have multiple reads of everything (all subjects) in order to prevent that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts