USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im planning to take the qualifying exam but im confused about the time, is it better to take it in april/may or october/november regarding its difficulty, i know that the canadian graduates take it in april/may, so is that advantage or disadvantage
thanks

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
It doesn't matter

The USMLE exam is conducted year-round and in most working days.

Your score is calculated against a standard deviation that is derived from test takers within the last six months.

The question difficulty and the difficult to get a score does not vary.

You the same person should score the same score (provided equal preparation and knowledge) whether you take it in April or in October.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The USMLE exam is conducted year-round and in most working days.

Your score is calculated against a standard deviation that is derived from test takers within the last six months.

The question difficulty and the difficult to get a score does not vary.

You the same person should score the same score (provided equal preparation and knowledge) whether you take it in April or in October.
thanks for ur reply, im not doing usmle exam, im doing canadian qualifying exam, so i dont know is what u said applies to the canadian exams aswell

·
Registered
741 Posts
thanks for ur reply, im not doing usmle exam, im doing canadian qualifying exam, so i dont know is what u said applies to the canadian exams aswell
This forum about the USMLE and we don't have information about the Canadian exam.
Thank you for joining us though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts