USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings ladies and gentledocs,

I have 3 quick questions, hopefully some of ya'll can provide quick answers.

Did you wear your class ring to your CS exam? Did you see anyone else (other examinees) wearing theirs? Did you pass?

Cheers and much love :)

My CS test is in 3 days and I will bring my ring with me, but if its considered offensive or anything I do not have a problem keeping it in the hotel room during the actual 12 SP encounter.

Thanks and cheers to all.

-:)

·
Registered
741 Posts
No, it's not allowed

When you go the CS center there will be an orientation session during which they'll inspect you from top to bottom. They'll ask you to remove anything that hints about your identity such as a tag on the white coat, a sticker on the stethoscope, ...etc. They'll put a white sticker on them so that the SPs cannot read it.

A class ring similarly may identify you and therefore they'll ask you to take it off.

Of course any equipment and gadgetry that you have on you will be asked to be removed, such as hand watches, PDAs, phones, ophthalmoscopes, pens, papers, ...etc anything is not allowed.

In the CS center you'll have a locker in which you put your stuff in it. Actually it's not a locker, it's a shelf in a locked room. So if you go to the exam with your class ring you'll most probably be leaving it in that shelf.

Good luck in your exam ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you go the CS center there will be an orientation session during which they'll inspect you from top to bottom. They'll ask you to remove anything that hints about your identity such as a tag on the white coat, a sticker on the stethoscope, ...etc. They'll put a white sticker on them so that the SPs cannot read it.

A class ring similarly may identify you and therefore they'll ask you to take it off.

Of course any equipment and gadgetry that you have on you will be asked to be removed, such as hand watches, PDAs, phones, ophthalmoscopes, pens, papers, ...etc anything is not allowed.

In the CS center you'll have a locker in which you put your stuff in it. Actually it's not a locker, it's a shelf in a locked room. So if you go to the exam with your class ring you'll most probably be leaving it in that shelf.

Good luck in your exam ;)
Rasheed, I don't think I could've gotten a more complete answer. :) Turns out I can't even find my ring, even if I wanted to. But seeing that it will most likely end up on a 'locked shelf', I'm not even going to risk it.

Thanks again, and I hope this goes well (I got fed up w/ practicing and havnt studied in days!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts