USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are 2 variants : read whole first aid and do random tutorial uworld . or read subject in fa and do uworld of that subject . which one is better ? note: its my first time fa and uworld

·
Registered
306 Posts
there are 2 variants : read whole first aid and do random tutorial uworld . or read subject in fa and do uworld of that subject . which one is better ? note: its my first time fa and uworld
We are in same boat what i do is i finish biochem of fa then solve biochem of uw and like this then in second time i ll do it randomly .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Always do random. since this is how you will be tested on the actual exam, good to see what you know and what you don't. Because if you do by subject, you kind of know what you are expecting and you might have studied that the day before so you won't be able to gauge you knowledge well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do them untimed in tutor mode. That way you can go to first aid and write down notes from the explanation in another section.
Before you start uworld, it is also a good idea to read FA once. Should only take you about a week to do it. But if you haven't (I did not), just do random and take notes in FA from the explanation. I think random is the best way to test yourself, but others may have a different opinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Always do random because the exam is random! It will test your overall knowledge and tell you your real strengths and weaknesses! This is important to know so you can spend more time on your weaknesses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts