USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used RR Biochemistry by Goljan??
I've read Kaplan once and I'm forgetting things so I was wondering if its worth it to read RR Biochem? or is it a waste of time?
It looks like a read thin book as compared to the RR Path so I'm guessing there isnt a lot of extra material covered.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone used RR Biochemistry by Goljan??
I've read Kaplan once and I'm forgetting things so I was wondering if its worth it to read RR Biochem? or is it a waste of time?
It looks like a read thin book as compared to the RR Path so I'm guessing there isnt a lot of extra material covered.
I dont know about reading it cover to cover but the Rapid Review series are very well organized and pretty dope books, i especially like the Anatomy Rapid Review

If anything Id skim the chapters and read the green font bullet points in the margins

Good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
RR

It is a pretty decent book. I used Lippincotts Biochemistry and found out latter that this books existed. Again it all depends how much time, your learning process. With Lippincotts I basically relearned everything up to the point that I only use RR for reference.
THere is also this wonderful biochem from lange. Pretty good also to use them will reading first aid. I eve insist more on the flashcards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a pretty decent book. I used Lippincotts Biochemistry and found out latter that this books existed. Again it all depends how much time, your learning process. With Lippincotts I basically relearned everything up to the point that I only use RR for reference.
THere is also this wonderful biochem from lange. Pretty good also to use them will reading first aid. I eve insist more on the flashcards
Thanks for the input! I'm using Kaplan for Biochem...hence I was wondering if that is enough and should I supplement that with RR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts