USMLE Forums banner

Can I pass NBME exam by just memorizing FA?

• NO

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • YES

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

So I am new to the forum and I love the info on this forum I am a regular reader.
Let me start with what I ve done so far
1. Kaplan Videos/books together for all subjects
2. Goljan RR once
3. Goljan Audios once
4. About 50% UW - used mainly as self assessment tool

Now I have one month before my COMPREHENSIVE NBME exam at school. This is not real Step 1. But I DO need to pass it with a 70 %

My question is that. With all that I have done so far, if I ratta the FA (I understand most of the concepts now)-- so if I do ratta for a month, is it possible to atleast pass an NBME? I will take a practice NBME in 15 days, when I am done rattaing(memorizing) once.

Thankyou! I am so depressed because without passing this exam I cannot start preparing for step 1, or move on with life.... So I really need to just PASS this NBME exam offered by my school..

·
Registered
71 Posts
here is your answer based on goljan audio notes
go to cell injury audio notes track 2
guru goljan talks about concept of why/how/mechanism/pathogenesis
in the same breath he comments on 'ability to memorize' (also called rattaa.h or ghotaa.lization)
i have segregated guru goljan's all 28 tracks of audio notes [yessss, i have spent some time] and this audio snippet is first 52 seconds of cell injury's second track

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did u recall at proper time!

Hi, i think first as u said u have learnt all the concepts ,then of course the second step is to know them by heart as u know ur name. :)
what most people understand by ratta is just memorizing which is absolutely wrong :eek:
but if u understand and dont recall at proper time i dont know what that understanding should be called! :notsure:
so start memorizing and keep on doing UW and whenever u dont recall a concept do go to ur primary books, u ll be in excellent form
Best of luck! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts