USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a question in this forum asking about definition of ischemia after giving a long clinical history.
Does the real exam have questions like this? In that case, it might be a good idea to just read the last bit of the question when presented with a paragraph. It could potentially save time.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have seen a question in this forum asking about definition of ischemia after giving a long clinical history.
Does the real exam have questions like this? In that case, it might be a good idea to just read the last bit of the question when presented with a paragraph. It could potentially save time.
Yes, that's one of the tricks that can potentially save you time on the exam. But, I don't recommend you do it. Because you never know whether the case history is relevant to the answer or not until you read it :(
Some questions have a direct question at the end such as the one you quoted "What is the definition of ischemia" and then you are tempted to answer the most obvious option. But may be the case has something else to say. For example the cause of ischemia could be a decreased oxygen carrying capacity of hemoglobin in Carbon monoxide poisoning for example.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts