USMLE Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hai...I heard a lot about recent changes in step1 and low scores after that with tougher questions ....kind of disappointed and lost....can anyone share your experience and scores???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hai...I heard a lot about recent changes in step1 and low scores after that with tougher questions ....kind of disappointed and lost....can anyone share your experience and scores???
Took the exam recently, my score is not out yet. The questions were not "tough". Easier than UWSA 2, imo, but can't compare to NBME, since I didn't take any. There was plenty of time for agonizing over choosing between 2 answers. About 4 questions I know I got wrong :(, another 2-3 I could not find the answer to (probably got them wrong too).

I had enough time to read through all the questions carefully, something I struggled with on Uworld. The 40 questions per block will probably make it harder to score high with a given % of correct questions, so even though I don't remember too many mistakes, I am not particularly optimist. :notsure: Pretty scared actually.

I would be happy with anything over 230. Did UWSA1 (1 month before): 251, UWSA2 (2 days before): 251. 71% correct on Uworld.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for a detailed reply...share your score if u don't mind.....pray and stay calm now as you tried you best ...u will hear good results soon ...all the best ....

·
Registered
90 Posts
One more thing, the audio in the test was very clear (like real auscultation). In UWORLD the audio was nearly unrecognizable noisy crap for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Prometric test center regulation says "All candidates must inform the TCA(Test Center Administrator) before accessing a stored item during a break"

What does it mean? Do i need to ask for a permission for accessing my stored item in the locker during authorized break?

my exam in august 16,thanks guys,God bless you all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Prometric test center regulation says "All candidates must inform the TCA(Test Center Administrator) before accessing a stored item during a break"

What does it mean? Do i need to ask for a permission for accessing my stored item in the locker during authorized break?

my exam in august 16,thanks guys,God bless you all
Yes, you need to ask for permission each time you access your locker.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Score came back, here is my experience!

Just got my score today, really happy! Was mentally prepared for a 240 score.

4 months of preparation. Did mostly UFAP, but spent about 2 months with FA + FA QnA for step 1 (did this by subject)

Read FA only once, but kept reviewing it along with UW.
Uworld average: 71% (first and only pass)
UWSA1 (1 month out): 251
UWSA2 (2 days out): 251
Real deal: 255 +!

Studied to the last moment, couldn't bear the thought of missing a question because I wanted to take a day off, but read good reasoning against this. Slept well the day before. Thought I did well after the test, but still did a couple of really stupid mistakes I regret. Luck helped me too, I admit.

I am crazy and checked the free 150 2 weeks after I took it. I could swear I remember like 5 questions from it (identical!), some more similar. I think I got them right anyways, so no big deal I guess, but still felt bad I didn't do them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
how was epi/biostat and how heavy was path/pathophysio?
In my opinion very easy, all was in FA. Some were so easy and obvious I kept rereading to try to find a catch. But I had no difficulty with epi in uworld, so maybe if you are weak on that you could have found it hard. I do remember a couple of question for which you either knew the FA material or you'd not have been able to reason the answer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts