USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.
I'll start by writing down my scores first since that happens to be the most important deciding factor when it comes to getting interviews and then eventually being matched. Step 1- 244, Step 2- 256, CS pass, all on first attempts. YOG is 2012. I did an elective in December 2011 in Memorial Hospital Providence, Rhode-Island which is affiliated with Brown-alpert Medical School but my attending "politely" refused to write me an LoR since it was against the hospital's policy. I am a permanent resident as well. During the time I was taking my exams, I'd work in a hospital back home in Pakistan. I'd work for 2-3 months and then come back to the states since I am not allowed to stay outside the country for more than 6 months. Being Pakistani doesn't help there at all. Even coming after 3 months used to be a nightmare at the airport, being asked all sorts of weird questions and being detained in secondary security for hours at a stretch was no fun. Anyway that's besides the point.

What I want to know is:

1. My chances of being matched if I apply?
2. How do I go about the application process? A step-by-step guide would be much appreciated. I don't have the LoRs or my CV ready as yet. Should I get a token now or should I wait? I'll get the required number of LoRs though, hopefully.:eek:

Long story short, I'd like for someone to write a step by step guide for applying for residency, starting with how to get the ERAS token. Thanks so much in advance. Eagerly awaiting replies! :plz::plz:

·
Vendor
271 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts