USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a research elective in surgical oncology at Johns hopkins for about 8 weeks...for which i got a gud LOR....
I am planning for IM residency now...
Do you think this LOR is of any use????

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Sabio,

just to be clear..it won't affect my application as i did research in surgical oncology and wud be applying for IM residency???

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You need to do get some IM LoRs as well so that when you apply later on you tell them that your surgical oncology was to get into the system and to have some research experience but your real interest is internal medicine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
how to get into jhu??

@rsin21
Can you please tell me how to get a research elective at John Hopkins?
I am an IMG from India, still in my final year & I shall be giving my step 1 in about 6-7 months time!! please advice what do I need to do!

thnx a lot in advance!

·
Registered
546 Posts
@rsin21
Can you please tell me how to get a research elective at John Hopkins?
I am an IMG from India, still in my final year & I shall be giving my step 1 in about 6-7 months time!! please advice what do I need to do!

thnx a lot in advance!
You must be student not graduate :toosad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did a research elective in surgical oncology at Johns hopkins for about 8 weeks...for which i got a gud LOR....
hey i m an img from india.i'll graduate in may 2014.m eager to get a research electives in j.hopkins in internal med(preferably in cardio-bcoz i want to take cardio as fellowship once i get im residency).i called them up to find out the earliest time period to apply for april-may 2013(9weeks) and they told me to do it in october 2012.
other than sending e-mails to the research directors,wat should i do to increase my possibility to get a good cardio research electives at j.hopkins?i have completed my bls training(aha accredited).would that help me for the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi can u plz tell me how i can apply in research programe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts