USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a medical student about to graduate in July. I am really interested in getting a research position in US for experience and strengthening my CV. I have a few queries regarding it.

1) Is there any link or list of places for applying for research?

2) How do i apply for research?

3) Do we get paid for this work?

Any help will be highly appreciated as i am really eager to get this done. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Connections will get you research

There's no online list of places to which you can apply for research opportunities because simple any teaching medical institution in USA has the potential to accept you.

The idea is connections; connection will get you into research places. When you know somebody he/she will know exactly who's having the research grant and who's doing it and he/she can send you to them.

Most of the times you have to start as a research volunteer and so you will not be paid but usually within few months they start to know you and trust and thence they will be paying you but usually it's a small salary like $15 per hour or maximum $20.

On the other hand there are some big research institutions such as those affiliated with pharmaceutical companies. these companies can pay you really well but most of the times their research projects are lab based and not hospital based clinical research and so your experience with them wouldn't be as good as the clinical research that you can get via connection in big teaching hospitals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i just had one question what to the researchers look for while choosing the voluntary research assistants....is it the our cv,step scores.....how can we make sure that we are picked up by the right people?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts