USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got Goljan notes from a friend.
They are about 900 bullet points in all the subjects I guess.

are these useful? or I should stick to my FA?

I feel that multiple sources are NOT a good thing for your visual memory (I know I should understand the concepts and answer questions based on that, but I don't know about you, but I get many questions right just because I remember how the FA's page looked like:redcheeks;)

Are these notes helpful??? my exam is in late October.
Thanx.

P.S. I have NOT read/watched/listened to any Goljan

·
Registered
752 Posts
I agree with you about the visual memory of the book. It helps a lot.

I'm in the same boat, actually. If you check my other thread (Goljan audio in a written form; is the one I have complete enough?), you'll find that I'm asking the same thing. But I think Goljan is pathology only, isn't it?

I have Goljan audio written in a PDF, it's 59 pages. You'll find it in that thread, but no one has replied yet about its authenticity, so I don't know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi all,

I got Goljan notes from a friend.
They are about 900 bullet points in all the subjects I guess.

are these useful? or I should stick to my FA?

I feel that multiple sources are NOT a good thing for your visual memory (I know I should understand the concepts and answer questions based on that, but I don't know about you, but I get many questions right just because I remember how the FA's page looked like:redcheeks;)

Are these notes helpful??? my exam is in late October.
Thanx.

P.S. I have NOT read/watched/listened to any Goljan
At this point, you should probably focus on memorizing FA rather than going into a completely different book (although Goljan is great material). I would probably try to go thru FA as many times as possible and if you have Goljan audio, listen to them!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
My exam is in late October too. I'd recommend sticking with what you've done so far i.e. FA. Maybe you can read the Goljan bullet points in the late evening when you're tired of studying or bored. I would definitely listen to Goljan audio. He's pretty entertaining and he links the pathology to the other subjects like pharmacology, biochemistry, physiology etc. I actually listened to the audio twice because I thought it was so helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts